Beam BEA-RST100A Iridium Terminal
The Beam Beam RST100 is a satellite communications terminal providing intelligent RJ11/POTS/PBX voice, data and messaging services. The RST100 uses Iridium service and supports the use of standard phone equipment making it ideal for all In-building and maritime applications.
Beam RST100 Iridium Terminal
The RST100 provides reliable and convenient global telecommunications access voice, data & messaging services via the Iridium satellite network.
Standard telephone service features are available using the RST100 including such services features as Call Forwarding, Call Barring, Voicemail, Autodial and Speed dial.
The RST100 can be easily integrated into a PBX system using the RJ11 connection, enabling calls to be made or received from any extension within a building. In-building integration is ideal for lower cost satellite calling as well as emergency backup.
The RJ11/POTS interface emulates PSTN features and is equipped with off-hook detection, configurable Ring, Busy & Dial service tones. The RST100 supports long runs of standard copper telephone wire & multiple extensions can be connected to the terminal over distances up to 1000m.
The terminal is capable of being programmed to pre-empt such dialling codes as the international access of “00” country codes and or area codes. The intelligent number processing is ideal for various applications to enable easy use by any user. Call barring & restricted dialling within certain countries or area codes can also be configured.
The optional Intelligent Handset, RST970, provides voice and SMS communications. The handset is compact, lightweight, easy to install and comes complete with hang-up cup and inbuilt ringer. The unit supports full SMS functionality as well as an easy menu system to access phone settings.
- SMS-POTS Fixed Handsets
- Standard Phone Handsets
- Answering Machines
- Cordless Phones
- External Ringers
- PBX Integration to analog line
- Supports over 1000m / 3000′ cable run
- RJ11 Tone Configuration – Configurable Ring Tones, Dial Tones, Busy Tones, Message Waiting Stutter Dial Tones
- Fixed SMS-POTS – Configurable SMS-POTS Delivery Options
- POTS PBX /PABX Integration – Configurable for multi line access, Analog line connection, Standard local type dialling sequences
- POTS / RJ11 Dialling – Standard Dialling Sequences, Standard Dial tones Presented, Complies to Country Specific Standards
- Phone Number Processing – Pre-emptive dialling, Configurable dialling prefix
- RJ11/POTS Specialised Features – Configurable Off hook idle time out, Configurable DTMF sensing, Inactivity Timer, Power Saving Modes, Configurable SMS Waiting “DING”
Power input voltage
11 - 32 V DC
Power Consumption ( AMPS )
12 V DC 24 V DC
0.35 / 0.16
0.51 / 0.25
Stand-by - inc handset
0.47 / 0.22
Transmit - inc handset
0.59 / 0.29
-15°C to +55°C / +5°F to +131°F
-30°C to +70°C / -22°F to 158°F
93% non condensing
2 Hz - 13.2 Hz & 13.2 Hx - 100
40 °C with 90% - 95% relative humidity after 2h salt spray
Connectors / Interfaces
RJ45 DPL BUS
POTS-RJ-11 2 -wire / TN12 or 600?
RS232 Serial Interface
RS232 Serial Interface
2 Pin screw type
Physical Specifications (RST100)
Dimensions (W x H x D)
225 mm x 277 mm x 53 mm / 8.9 in x 10.9 in x 2.1 in
2.25 kg / 4.9 lbs
|Package Includes||- RST100 Main terminal
- Mounting Brackets
- AC 110/240V Plug Pack
- DC 1.5m Power Cable
- Data Cable
- User & Installation Manual
- CD - Beam Management System
- AT Commands
Iridium Subscription Plans
- $50 Activation Fee
* Rollover minutes balance resets to 0 every 12 months.
** Incoming calls are not charged to the Iridium subscriber but caller pays rate for a call to Iridium (country code 8816)
*** Incoming calls are not charged to the Iridium subscriber but caller pays rate for a call to US (country code 1)
Iridium Prepaid Airtime
- Prepaid SIM cards can be reloaded up to nine months after minutes expire, after that the card is deactivated.
- Voucher eligible for Minutes Carry Forward allow customer to preserve remaining minute balance if reloaded prior to minutes’ expiry.
- Eligible MENA Countries: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Cyprus, Congo, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Juan De Nova Island, Kenya, Kuwait, Lebanon, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mayotte, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Africa (inc. Price Edwards Island), Tanzania, Tunisia, Turkey, Uganda, United Arab Emirates, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- Eligible Latin America Countries: Mexico, Central America, and the entire South America continent.
- Regional SIMs will work up to 12 nautical miles off shore.