Hughes 9502 Terminal (One Piece Model)
The world's most advanced, all-IP, BGAN machine-to-machine satellite terminal with integrated antenna and highest IP-66 ingress protection industry rating for outdoor installation.
Introduced as an alternative to the external antenna version of the 9502, this product integrates the 9502 modem with a compact antenna to create a single-piece, integrated, rugged terminal to withstand the most extreme weather conditions. Providing reliable IP connectivity over the Inmarsat Broadband Global Area Network (BGAN), it includes backup and out-of-band management to primary site communications—ideal for SCADA and unattended sites equipped for machine-to-machine (M2M) applications such as environmental monitoring, SmartGrid, pipeline monitoring/control, compressor monitoring/control, well site automation and surveillance.
The exceptional low power consumption (<1 W idle) of the Hughes 9502 makes it possible to provide end-to-end IP connectivity to sites that are off the grid. This breakthrough provides end-to-end IP connectivity to power-challenged locations that rely upon solarbattery arrays involving sensitive power budgets.
Future firmware releases would be uncommon, meanwhile any such modem update will qualify for no charge over-the-air (OTA) upgrades saving customers time and money.
- No minimum connection charge
- Minimum billing increment of 1 Kbyte
- No usage charge for over-the-air modem software upgrades
- Integrated IP Watchdog to ensure "always-on" network connectivity. No manual intervention required to recover from an outage
- Auto-on/auto-context activation automatically restores power and PDP connection to itself following loss of power and/or IP connection
- Remote control via SMS provides management platform for command and control to the terminal using SMS, including configuration, debugging, and remote access to Web interface
- Ultra-low power consumption
- Idle: < 1W
- Transmit; < 20W
- Receive: < 3W
- Relay mode passes WAN IP address to the RTU
- Security enhancements with extended layers of embedded security options
- Basic installation; no PC required
- Built-in GPS receiver
- The Hughes M2M terminal is BGAN M2M Certified
- Ethernet connection (RJ45)
- USB Type B for connection to PC for configuration of terminal
- RS-232 (DB9) to external NMEA 0183-based GNSS device (e.g., GLONASS receiver)
|Package Includes||Package Contents:
Hughes M2M Terminal
Locking bar for padlock
Mounting screws and washers
Inmarsat BGAN M2M Monthly Subscription Plans
One time $50 Activation Fee
12 month contract term