Intellian GX100 Global Xpress Marine Stabilized Ka-band Antenna (103cm)
The v100GX is a 1 meter Ku-band to Ka-band convertible maritime stabilized antenna, a ready-to-use system for the super-fast, GlobalXpress (GX) Ka-band broadband service from Inmarsat.
Intellian GX100 Ka-band, 103m (41") Global Xpress Terminal
Precision Dual Band Carbon Fiber Reflector: The v100 is designed and engineered to operate on Ku and Ka-bands while maximizing the RF performance on both bands. The v100’s high-gain, precision carbon fiber reflector ensures the best service quality available when configured for Ku or Ka-band operation, allowing for greater throughput and reduced operational costs.
Frequency Tuned Radome: To ensure efficient operations for Ku-band and Ka-band services, the radome itself is designed to enhance both the Ka- and Ku-band system performance. The new Radome is also designed to match conventional domes, an important benefit on installations where great aesthetics are important.
The v100 can be easily and quickly converted from a Ku-band system to a Ka-band system in under 10 minutes without removing the radome. To keep the process simple, all RF components are mounted on a single chassis to form an integrated RF module consisting of the BUC and Intellian Global PLL LNB. By unfastening only four bolts the whole module can be detached and removed from the radome through the access hatch. The new BUC & LNB module fits into the same space on the antenna with no need to rebalance the system after conversion. Next the Ku-band feed is easily replaced with the Ka-band feed to complete the process.
Global PLL LNB
- The v100 comes standard with Intellian's patented Global PLL LNBs
- The Global PLL LNB is the world's first Ku-band LNB module capable of receiving a full range of operating frequencies from any VSAT satellite around the globe
Remote Access via Aptus
- Built-in web interface for remote management, control and updating brings tech support aboard the vessel
- Automated Diagnostics including internal Spectrum Analyzer
Simple Conversion from Ku to Ka
- Converts easily and quickly from Ku-band system to a Ka-band system with a simple integrated RF module consisting of the BUC and LNB
- The combined RF BUC & LNB assembly is attached to the rear side of the reflector, with no need to rebalance the system after conversion
Gyro-Free Satellite Search Capability
- No external heading device input required
- Reduces installation time, automated Bow offset using Aptus
Global Satellite Library
- Preinstalled database of detailed satellite data
- Customizable satellite library for a specific network
Open Platform Compatibility
- Fully compatible with all major service providers
- Preconfigured modem settings provided in a simple drop down menu using Aptus
Auto Beam Switching (ABS)
- Supports ABS via the OpenAMIP protocol from iDirect and the ROSS Open Antenna Management (ROAM) protocol from Comtech
Optional Dual VSAT Mediator
- Ensures uninterrupted broadband communications by seamlessly switching between two antennas
- Communicates simultaneously with two Antenna Control Units (ACU)
- Ideal for redundant antenna environments
RADOME & ANTENNA
151.4 cm (59.63 inch)
138.0 cm (54.33 inch)
103 cm (41 inch )
128 kg (282 lbs)
STABILIZED PEDESTAL ASSEMBLY
3-axis (Azimuth, Elevation, Cross-level)
-20° ~ 115°
Cross Level Range
Up to ±37°
Motor Brake System
Azimuth, Elevation, Cross Level
13.75 ~ 14.5 GHz Ku-band
41.6 dBi @ mid band
10.7 ~ 12.75 GHz Ku-band
39.4 dBi @ mid band
G/T > 19.6 dB/K (Clear Sky, 30° Elevation)
Intellian PLL LNB
Cross-pol and Co-pol
ANTENNA CONTROL UNIT
Dimensions (W × D × H)
43.1cm × 38.1cm × 4.4 cm (17 inch × 15 inch × 1.7 inch)
3.5 kg (7.7 lbs)
2 line 40 character graphic VFD module
Ship’s Gyrocompass Interface
NMEA / NMEA 2000
Ethernet port / RS-232C / I / O ports
iDirect, Comtech, SatLink, Hughes, GILAT
Fleet Xpress Airtime Rates
12 Month Commitment required. Service may be suspended for up to 6 months per year.
Suspension Rate $350/month.
FB500 system required for back up, FB250 may be used but will incur $300/month surcharge.
$500 Activation and Commissioning Fee due at service inception.