Sea Tel ST144 Satellite TV System Comp. w. C-Band And Ku-Band Satellites
Sea Tel ST144 Satellite TV is our 3.6-metre flagship TV-at-Sea system providing the largest offshore operating area and compatibility with all satellites.
The Sea Tel ST144 is our top-of-the-line, 3.6m (144") TV-at-Sea™ system. The reflector, radome design , RF components and the pedestal are based on our well proven 14400B system. It is the preferred system for users who need the largest possible offshore operating area and compatibility with all known and planned satellites. The ST144 has undergone major tracking, reliability, stability and industry leading MK2 electronics improvements. The ST144 is the antenna of choice for large vessels operating in deep oceans.
The ST144 has reliable and proven MK2 electronics that are used in our XX09, XX10 and XX11 antenna systems. The MK2 electronics have a host of improvements for improved productivity. These include: LED indicators for troubleshooting, USB port for BlueTooth adaptor and digital control interface between the motor driver and PCU for improved communications. The level cage used in the predecessor systems has also been replaced by high accuracy accelerometers. This allows for continuous calculation of position, orientation and velocity vector of a moving object without the need for external references.
The micro-electromechanical (MEM) sensors used in Sea Tel’s antennas are based on the same technology currently being used in missile and aerospace technology around the world.
Hundreds, even thousands of crew and passengers can enjoy digital TV and music programming from leading providers almost anywhere in the world. When you install Sea Tel ST144 Satellite TV you increase passenger satisfaction during long cruises and enhance crew welfare on large offshore installations.
Sea Tel ST144 Satellite TV supports any number of satellite receivers so many TVs can be installed and individually programmed for the enjoyment of everyone on board. It's size and operational reach make it suitable for the most demanding applications.
Sea Tel ST144 Satellite TV is a reliable, intelligent TV-at-Sea system, packed with electronic innovation. It continuously calculates position, orientation and velocity for smart, seamless satellite TV. For vessels and rigs large enough to accomodate this cutting-edge system, Sea Tel ST144 Satellite TV is the ultimate TV-at-Sea platform.
The system's advanced electronics enhance system awareness - including LED indicators for troubleshooting, USB port for BlueTooth adaptor and digital control interface between the motor driver and PCU for improved communications whilst high-accuracy accelerometers enhance positioning for a better service.
Cobham SATCOM TV-at-Sea antennas are designed and built to exacting standards. We develop and integrate innovative, cutting-edge technology to ensure high performance and reliability in the maritime arena, resulting in hardware that service providers and end-users can trust.
The micro-electromechanical (MEM) sensors used in Sea Tel's antennas are based on the same technology currently being used in missile and aerospace technology around the world. This high-end quality in combination with our unmatched satellite TV manufacturing experience ensures you can count on Sea Tel ST144 Satellite TV to keep working in any conditions.
Sea Tel ST144 Satellite TV has been protected against motion and connection interference to ensure consistency of operation and unspoilt viewing pleasure for passengers in inclement conditions.
Sea Tel ST144 Satellite TV's complete antenna stabilisation system including proprietary antenna control and fast-track signal lock software detects the slightest motion and compensates / corrects accordingly.
With Sea Tel ST144 Satellite TV system you can operate with the confidence that passenger and crew enjoyment of satellite TV and radio will remain uninterrupted regardless of the course and number of turns the vessel makes.
Because Sea Tel ST144 Satellite TV features Unlimited Azimuth range, which secures continuous reception using a six-channel rotary joint, which means no waiting to unwrap antenna cables, vessels with complex routes.
Bespoke GPS navigation
A built-in GPS antenna and proprietary algorithms give Sea Tel ST144 Satellite TV's swift satellite acquisition and navigation capabilities
- Antenna Gain C-band: 42.2 dB at 4.2 GHz
- Antenna Gain Ku-band: 49.6 dB at 12.5 GHz
- Minimum EIRP C-band: 28 dBW
- Minimum EIRP Ku-band: 32 - 33 dBW
- Dish Diameter: 3.6 m; 142 in
- Radome Dimensions: 4.27m/168in. D x 4.21m/165.7in H
- Antenna Stabilization: 3-axis servo
- Built-In GPS: Automatic Satellite Acquisition
- Ship’s Motion: +/- 15º Roll or +/-20º Roll and +/- 15º Pitch
- Full Elevation Range: -15º to +115º
- Radome Baseframe: Galvanized steel;
- Azimuth Range: Unlimited
- Reception: Single C-Band (Linear or Circular)/ Single Ku-Band (Linear Only), Dual C-Band Linear, Quad Ku-Band linear, Dual C-Band Linear/Quad Ku Band linear (can be configured to receive 2 C-Band and 2 Ku-Band signals simultaneously or 4 Ku-Band signals simultaneously)
- Ku-band: The entire frequency range for Ku-band satellite television is 10.7 to 12.75 GHz. Proper polarization is also an issue as both linear polarizations (horizontal & vertical) and circular polarizations (left & right) are used, and one configuration is not compatible with the other.
- Designed to meet Navy MIL-STD-167-1 vibration standard and MIL-STD-461 EMI & RFI standards (including 200V/M
Typical data for DAC 2202 Controller
- Model: 2202
- Mounting: Rack Mount
- M & C Ports: 1 Serial, 3 TCP/IP, 1 multi-user web browser support
- UDP Upload port for updating software in the Comm Interface
- Reformatted GPS output: (GGA and GLL)
- Heading Input: NMEA 0183, SBS, Synchro or No-Gyro Mode
- Dimensions: 19" X 1.75"