Sea Tel ST88 Satellite TV System Comp. w. C-Band And Ku-Band Satellites
The 2.1-metre Sea Tel ST88 Satellite TV system delivers seamless satellite TV and music programming via Ku or C-Band to large vessels operating in coastal regions.
Sea Tel ST88 Satellite TV is a reliable, intelligent TV-at-Sea system, packed with electronic innovation. It continuously calculates position, orientation and velocity for smart, seamless satellite TV on large vessels that operate in coastal regions.
The system's advanced electronics enhance system awareness - including LED indicators for troubleshooting, USB port for BlueTooth adaptor and digital control interface between the motor driver and PCU for improved communications whilst high-accuracy accelerometers enhance positioning for a better service.
TV on demand
Sea Tel ST88 Satellite TV supports any number of satellite receivers so many TVs can be installed and individually programmed for the enjoyment of everyone on board.
Crew and passengers can enjoy digital TV and music programming from leading providers in some of the world's most remote waters, so by installing Sea Tel ST88 you can enhance crew welfare and increase passenger satisfaction, regardless of what coastline you operate on.
Sea Tel ST88 Satellite TV is available in C-band and Ku-band configurations or 'dual-band' configuration that permits the same antenna to be used for both. It is also is designed and built to pass the U.S. Navy's tests for vibration, shock and protection against RFI and EMI emissions.
The micro-electromechanical (MEM) sensors used in Sea Tel's antennas are based on the same technology currently being used in missile and aerospace technology around the world. This high-end quality in combination with our unmatched satellite TV manufacturing experience ensures you can count on Sea Tel ST88 Satellite TV to keep working in any conditions.
Sea Tel ST88 Satellite TV has been protected against motion and connection interference to ensure consistency of operation and unspoilt viewing pleasure for passengers in inclement conditions.
Sea Tel ST88 Satellite TV's complete antenna stabilisation system including proprietary antenna control and fast-track signal lock software detects the slightest motion and compensates / corrects accordingly.
With Sea Tel ST88 Satellite TV system you can operate with the confidence that passenger and crew enjoyment of satellite TV and radio will remain uninterrupted regardless of the course and number of turns the vessel makes.
Because Sea Tel ST88 Satellite TV features Unlimited Azimuth range, which secures continuous reception using a six-channel rotary joint, which means no waiting to unwrap antenna cables, vessels with complex routes.
Bespoke GPS integration
A built-in GPS antenna and proprietary algorithms give Sea Tel ST88 Satellite TV's swift satellite acquisition and navigation capabilities
- Industry proven MK2 electronics used on our TxRx systems
- Integrated Brake Control PCB on the MDE PCB assembly.
- Integrated GPS processing on the PCU PCB.
- Integrated Pol Aux Relay on the PCU PCB assembly.
- Digital Control Interface between Motor Driver and PCU for improved communications between the PCU and the Motor Driver.
- LED indicators for reduced mean time to repair (MTTR).
- USB port provided for remote troubleshooting and wireless operation allowing ease of access to antenna control and troubleshooting.
- Accommodates multiple satellite receivers.
- Unmatched stabilization accuracy allows the system to detect and correct the slightest motion affecting the antenna’s connection.
- HD ready
- Antenna Gain C-band: 37.8 dB at 3.7 GHz
- Antenna Gain Ku-band: 46.6 dB at 12.5 GHz
- Min. EIRP C-band: 32.6 – 33.5 dBW
- Min. EIRP Ku-band: 36.5 – 37.5 dBW
- Dish Diameter: 2.1m; 84 in
- Radome Dimensions: 3.2m/126in. D x 3.66m/144in H
- Antenna Stabilization: 3-axis servo
- Built-In GPS: Automatic Satellite Acquisition
- Ship’s Motion: +/- 15º Roll or +/-20º Roll and +/- 15º Pitch
- Full Elevation Range: -15º to +115º
- Radome Baseframe: Galvanized steel;
- Azimuth Range: Unlimited
- Reception: Single C-Band (linear or Circular)/ Single Ku-Band (Linear Only), Dual C-Band Linear, Quad Ku-Band linear, Dual C-Band Linear/Quad Ku-Band linear(Can be configured to receive 2 C-Band and 2 Ku-Band signals simultaneously or 4 Ku-Band signals simultaneously)
- Ku-band: The entire frequency range for Ku-band satellite television is 10.7 to 12.75 GHz. Proper polarization is also an issue as both linear polarizations (horizontal & vertical) and circular polarizations (left & right) are used, and one configuration is not compatible with the other.
- C-band: The C-band frequency range is 3.7 to 4.2 GHz worldwide. Sea Tel TV-at-Sea™ systems are delivered with C-band LNB noise temperatures of 17 degrees K or better. The IF frequency in all cases is 950-1450 MHz
- Designed to meet Navy MIL-STD-167-1 vibration standard and MIL-STD-461 EMI & RFI standards (including 200V/M).